Kendrick Gymnastics is dedicated to providing children in our community a safe place to learn gymnastics. Due to the circumstances surrounding the pandemic and in order to adhere to CDC recommendations, Park & Rec protocols and the health guidelines set forth by USAG. We are implementing the following procedures within all our classes.
The safety & health of our gymnasts, coaches and their families is of the utmost importance in making these decisions. Please be advised these protocols are subject to change.
1. Class sizes have been reduced to a 25 capacity to include coaches.
2. We have completed a deep cleaning to include but not limited to wiping down all mats, equipment, apparatus, and floors, shampooing & vacuuming carpet etc prior to reopening.
3. We put tape markers on the floors and rug for social distancing while waiting turns at events, during warm-ups/conditioning and for station set-up.
4. Our Mini Gym will remain closed at this time. All classes will be held in the Main Gym for social distancing purposes.
5. We are removing some equipment/extra mats to store in our Mini Gym (which will be closed off) to allow extra space for social distancing measures.
6. Equipment & mats will be heavily sanitized after each use and at the end of each class.
7. All staff will wear a mask at all times.
8. All gymnasts will wear masks to enter & exit the gym/building and while walking around to use bathroom & rotate events.
9. Cubby rooms will be closed off. Gymnasts will be required to bring a gym bag (backpack) to class. Bags will take place of their cubby. All belongings should be kept in their bag which will be kept with them at all times.
10. Gymnasts will be given a marked spot at each event. This is their mark for EVERY practice. We will implement a color system by using 7 different colored duct tapes for markers. As we will not have more than 7 gymnasts in a group. For example, the gymnast will be told she is purple or yellow. This is where they will stand and individual gym bag will sit while waiting turns at the event, while warming up and conditioning on floor. In short, their bag will rotate with them to each event.
11. Gymnasts will be required to have/keep the following things in their gym bags to be considered prepared for practice and minimize the risk of cross contamination: grips, tiger paws, water bottle, mask, individual hand sanitizer and individual chalk bin.
12. All gymnasts will need to bring a Tupperware container to keep their chalk. Chalk will be provided. Gymnasts who do not bring a Tupperware container will not receive chalk. Beginner gymnasts are not required to have chalk bins and/or use chalk.
13. Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the gym.
14. Coaches will refrain from spotting unless absolutely necessary for safety. Spotting will be avoided by using safety mats and or drill stations instead. Coaches will remain 6 ft of gymnasts (unless spotting) which is still considered DIRECT supervision but also adheres to the social distancing protocol.
15. Temperature checks will be performed at arrival. Hand sanitizer will be dispensed when arriving & leaving the gym.
16. Parents will not be permitted in the building.
17. Drop off/pick up will be in the front of the building (Ridge Ave entrance). A staff member will be meet your gymnasts outside for arrival and will walk them out for dismissal.
18. A parent/guardian must accompany the gymnast to the entrance for check in. Gymnasts who arrive without a parent/guardian present will not be checked in. No exceptions.
Kendrick Gymnastics 5822 Ridge Avenue Philadelphia PA 19128